Health Advisory Update In Light of COVID-19 [Updated 28 May 2020]
Partial Opening of Core Collective Anson & Dempsey Effective 2 June 2020 [Updated 28 May 2020]
In light of the new policies set out by the government on Safe Re-Opening (Phase 1), we are pleased to announce that wellness services will recommence at Core Collective Anson and Dempsey effective 2 June 2020 (Tuesday).
In line with government policies, fitness services will remain closed during the period of Safe Re-Opening (Phase 1).
Baker & Cook will continue to operate at Core Collective Dempsey with takeaway services only.
Please see below for details and updates on the necessary Safe Management Measures we will be taking to ensure the safety of our members, residents, and staff.
Reopening of Wellness Services
Wellness services such as Chiropractic, Clinical Neuroplasticity, Nutrition, Osteopathy, Physiotherapy, Psychology, TCM & more will recommence at Core Collective from 2 June 2020. For a detailed list, visit here.
Please get in touch with your respective wellness practitioner to make your appointment. Alternatively, you may drop us an email or call us (from 2 June 2020) at +65 6250 1222 (Anson) / +65 6974 3228 (Dempsey).
Revised Operating Hours for Wellness Services
Core Collective Anson (Level 21 only*)
Monday to Friday: 9.00am to 8.00pm
Saturday: 9.00am to 2.00pm
*Level 22 will not be accessible during Phase 1. This includes the gym, lockers, shower, and changing rooms.
Core Collective Dempsey
Monday to Friday: 8.00am to 8.00pm
Saturday: 9.00am to 2.00pm
Safe Management Measures
As mandated by the Singapore government, all visitors are required to check-in upon arrival and check out upon leaving the space. QR code for checking in and instructions will be available at our reception. Please arrive 15 minutes earlier for this.
Wearing of Masks
All visitors entering the space must wear a mask at all times.
Temperature Taking, Health and Travel Declaration Forms
There will be mandatory temperature checks for all visitors. Visitors with a temperature of 37.5 degrees and above will be asked to leave the space and seek medical assistance. Visitors will also be required to fill in a Travel Declaration Form. Please arrive 15 minutes earlier for this.
A detailed cleaning schedule has been implemented to keep our space clean. We will be cleaning our spaces frequently and thorough deep cleaning will take place every Sunday. Hand sanitisers are available at every entry point for you to sanitise your hands before entering the space.
Safe Distancing & "No-Chill" Policy
Visitors in the space must comply with safe distancing measures such as maintaining a 1m distance and following the yellow demarcations in the space. There will be a "no-chill" policy and common areas such as the lounge and kids area will not be accessible during this time.
Extension of Packages
All Core Collective fitness & wellness packages will be extended in line with the duration of closure plus an additional one month.
This advisory was last updated on: 28 May 2020
Health Advisory Update In Light of COVID-19 [Updated 27 Apr 2020]
With the extension of the circuit breaker announced on 21 Apr 2020, Core Collective Anson and Dempsey will continue to stay closed until 1 June 2020. Reopening on this date will be subject to future government regulations.
What does this mean for our members?
1. All Core Collective fitness & wellness packages will be extended in line with the duration of closure plus an additional one month.
3. A variety of virtual fitness & wellness sessions/classes have been made available for you to enjoy at home until we reopen. Click here for the full list of sessions available.
We hope you continue to stay healthy and safe, and we also look forward to seeing you again soon!
This advisory was last updated on: 27 Apr 2020
Health Advisory Update In Light of COVID-19 [Updated 4 Apr 2020]
In light of the new policies set out by the government on 3 April 2020, Core Collective Anson and Dempsey will be temporarily closed effective Tuesday, 7 April 2020.
What does this mean for our members?
1. All pre-booked group classes, PT and wellness sessions will be canceled and you will not be charged.
2. All Core Collective fitness & wellness packages will be extended in line with the duration of closure plus an additional one month.
We are blown away by the overwhelming love and support we have received through these trying times and would like to take a moment to thank our residents, front of house teams and housekeepers who have worked selflessly on the front lines as the situation evolved. We would also like to thank you for your fearlessness and reassurance throughout this period.
We will reopen all of our centres at the earliest possible opportunity, and we look forward to welcoming you back then.
Until then, stay safe and stay healthy!
This advisory was last updated on: 4 Apr 2020
Health Advisory Update In Light of COVID-19 [Updated 27 Mar 2020]
In light of COVID-19, Core Collective has implemented strict precautionary measures to ensure the safety and well-being of our wider community.
1. Mandatory temperature checks for all members and guests will be implemented at Core Collective Anson and Dempsey. Those with a temperature of 37.5 and above will not be allowed into the space and asked to leave the space and seek medical assistance. We appreciate if you can show up 15 minutes before your fitness or wellness session.
2. Upon entry into Core Collective, all visitors are to complete a short travel and health declaration form. All members and guests who have returned to Singapore from anywhere in the world will not be allowed into Core Collective within 14 days of their arrival. Those who do not complete the form will be asked to leave the space.
3. Members and guests who have shared accommodation with friends or relatives that have returned from anywhere in the world within the last 14 days will also be denied entry into Core Collective.
4. If you are feeling unwell, have a cough or are showing other flu symptoms (fever, sore throat, or runny nose), please seek medical attention. Anyone showing symptoms of the virus will not be permitted entry into Core Collective.
5. The no-penalty late cancellation policy for members implemented on 28 January 2020 has been extended until 19 April 2020. Thereafter, we will monitor and re-evaluate. Please reschedule your appointments if you are feeling unwell.
6. We will be increasing the frequency of cleaning our spaces and equipment.
7. Hand sanitisers are provided in multiple locations throughout our spaces as well as at the Front Desk. Please feel free to use them.
8. Thermometers are available at the Front Desk. Should you suddenly feel unwell while at our space, please approach our friendly Front of House staff at any time to get your temperature checked.
9. We will be closing Core Collective Anson (Level 22) earlier at 9pm on weekdays.
10. All indoor group fitness classes will be suspended with immediate effect from 27 March 2020 until 30 April 2020. Thereafter, we will monitor and re-evaluate. In view of this, all class packages will be extended by two months (package extension does not apply to ClassPass packages).
11. Effective 27 March 2020, we will be imposing capacity limits on all Core Collective locations and services to ensure more personal space for social distancing. This will be done by putting a cap on the number of people allowed at the gym at any one time and limiting the number of wellness sessions conducted at Core Collective per day.
12. Demarcation marks and signages have been left around our spaces. Please comply and maintain a distance of at least 1m between yourself and other members at all times including when queueing at the reception area and at the changing rooms.
13. Gym equipment has been spaced out to ensure a safe distance between members.
14. Zones have been marked out in our gyms. Each zone is limited to only one client and one trainer at any given time. Before and after use, please wipe down all equipment with the disinfectant spray and paper towels available around the gym.
15. Trainers are asked to maintain a 1m distance between themselves and clients at all times, and as much as possible, to avoid exercises that require physical contact (i.e., spotting).
16. The “no chill” policy has been enforced and we encourage all members to come for their sessions and leave immediately after.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we navigate through the challenges in supporting the efforts of slowing down the spread of COVID-19 and ensuring the safety of our community.
If you have any concerns, questions, or feedback, please do reach out to any of our staff members at any time or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This advisory was last updated on: 27 Mar 2020